Friday, April 27, 2007

Country Life

Spring has well and truly sprung and it’s one of the pleasures of country life that my morning journey to work involves glimpses of this sceptered isle’s natural fauna. Only this morning I sighted a badger, a fox and a number of squirrels. Sadly, various bits of them had been pulverised into the tarmac by passing vehicles, but they were still recognisable (I had no idea badgers were so huge!)

I also saw another sizeable cuddly creature who unfortunately seemed to have met his maker fairly early in the morning as the movement of traffic had rendered much of him a mangled pulp. The best I can stab at is “quadruped”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention another sign of Spring. The poor oblivious lambs gambolling about the fields, completely unaware that they've only 6 months of green fields and play before they're whisked off to the neighbourhood abbetoir to boost sales of mince sauce in September.
Mum