Wednesday, February 18, 2009

“Enthusiastic Self-Starter with GSOH…”

The big fella’s almost five weeks in now and has his feet firmly under the desk in the Oval Office. It’s like any new job: I reckon he’s got past the enthusiasm common among new starters and is now probably spending a high percentage of his day on Facebook, emailing jokes to his mates or nicking Post-It notes. Actually, he’s probably not nicking Post-It notes given that he’s “working from home”; he probably just logs in first thing in the morning, ambles around in his pants watching Loose Women and sends the occasional email to give the impression that he’s actively hard at work. Pretty soon he’ll start having a shave once a week and throwing sickies.

In all fairness though, he’s earned it and all power to him. He’s now one of the few people alive who doesn’t have to lie on his CV – having a job title of The Most Powerful Man in the World is difficult to top and not something many people can boast. If I put that on my CV, eyebrows might raise skywards among prospective employers who would immediately question my sanity. Still, I like to think I’d have got the inauguration speech right.

“He fucked that right up” commented my lovely wife, and I’m afraid she was right.

No comments: