Thursday, August 16, 2007

Little Big Man

We went to a wedding on the weekend which gave me an opportunity to don my one-and-only suit (which is a less-than-ideal thing to don in the middle of August, even considering the Britishness of this year’s summer).

My suit’s emergence from the confines of the wardrobe is an infrequent event, and each time I hang it on my frame I find it fits me even less well than it did when it was hauled out for the previous wedding/interview/funeral. Time’s winged chariot is in the constant process of reshaping my thirtysomething physique, and various bits of me which have in the past been inflated in a succession of gyms, have now deflated a little in size. Nonetheless, my lovely lady wife was gracious enough to tell me I looked like a film star.

“This suit really doesn’t fit me anymore. Does this look alright?” I asked.
“Yeah, you look like that kid from Big,” replied my little turtle dove.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are Alexei Sayle's nemesis!

Mr Griffles

Stevie C said...

I looked like Alexei Sayle in it when I first bought it (though my hairstyle more closely resembles his now).

Anonymous said...

Hello Steve got a new mowtaaaahhh!

Mr Griffles.

Anonymous said...

oh dont listen to them stevie you looked fab bit like my solicitor legal of course! not me pimp e wernt invited cos e wos lookin after me in chez ooooh cant say ! x

Anonymous said...

Hello

This is not a comment it is a plea for attention.

Hi this is steven bonfield. Griff or 'Mr Griffles as he seems to be known here pointed me at your blog and much laughing later I am making you aware of my continued presence in the world and my desire for concourse with you. Ruth has just pionted out that i may have your email address which would make this a rather long winded way of getting in touch but hay ho.

write me
at
stevengbonfield@hotmail.com

hope all is good

steven
xxx